Saturday 18 January 2014

2013 - The travel bug bites

June 2013

Having a day off from work, I decided to brave the Home Affairs office and apply for my passport. They open at 7am, so I made sure I was there at 6:30am, armed with all the required documentation and a pen (something you need whenever you decide to pay a visit to any government institution). So after filling out all the forms, taking photo's, smearing fingerprints etc. I was finally ready to submit the application together with the payment. One problem - the information on the Home Affairs website was horribly outdated, so I did not have enough cash on hand. Sigh. Off to the ATM I go (luckily there was one around the corner). Back at Home Affairs I had to join the back of the queue. All in all, the entire process "only" took 2 hours - win.

July 2013

Four weeks after applying for the passport, I get my SMS notification that it is ready for collection. This part is easy luckily. Immediately after receiving my passport I get onto the Contiki website to find a tour that interested me. Time off from work was limited, so I had a look at all the tours that were in the region of 10 - 16 days. After exploring all the options, I decided on the Amsterdam to Barcelona tour, departing start of September 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment